Monday, April 19, 2010

Noro Striped Scarf

Materials: Noro Silk Garden - 200g
Colour: #201 (2 balls), #234 (1 ball), and #86 (1 ball)
Needles: 4.5mm
Start: November 3, 2009
Finish: December 18, 2009
This scarf is knit in 1 x 1 rib. Since I detest ribbing, I put this project off for over a year, but loved the look of this scarf so much, I decided to tackle the job in the hope I’d have it done in time for Christmas. The great thing about ribbing is that there is no right or wrong side and no curling.
I was pleasantly surprised to find this to be a very fun scarf to knit. The colour changing kept it interesting, and the yarn is beautiful to work with. Had so much fun knitting it, I ended making two - one for Keith and another for Anita.
Love the way the spare yarn carries up the side. No breaking of yarn or weaving ends.

No comments: